Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Cold, Wet Easter!

Saturday morning we went to the American Fork Easter Egg Hunt. Kyle was in Phoenix on business, so my mom went with me (thankfully!). It rained on us the entire time & my poor kids were miserable!

I went with Caleb to his age group, & my mom with Shaylee. I wasn't able to go in with Caleb once the horn went off, so I tried to keep a close eye on him...but there were too many kids & he's just too short!!! I lost my sweet little boy in a sea of kids! I searched for an hour (or at least it felt that long), then I spotted my neighbor & asked her to help me find him. Finally after much panic, a guy came up & asked if we knew anyone who had lost a little boy. Yaaaaay, finally I found my poor kid, who was crying uncontrollably & told me to never lose him again. I learned my lesson & from now on we will have a mutual meeting spot if we get seperated. Ugh!
Here is Caleb patiently waiting for the horn, little did he know he would soon be lost:(

I had to pick up Kyle from the airport at 11:00 p.m. Saturday night, then drive home & play Easter Bunny...so we didn't get to bed until really late!! And of course bright & early at 6 a.m. Caleb came running in our room screaming that the Easter Bunny came to our house! I kept telling him to give me just one more hour, followed by just 30 more minutes, then just 10 more minutes...he finally guilted me into getting up.
Shaylee was so excited to find her little basket of goodies:)
Happy kids with a TON of loot! Spoiled little stinkers:)
The kids in their Easter clothes before we left for church. They were on a sugar high & had a really hard time sitting still during Sacrament. Next year, no sugar before church!!


Overall it was a good Easter and we are so grateful for the Atonement & everything Christ did for all of us. When times are tough, I try to be grateful for all of my blessings & as President Hinkley always said, "just try your best"!

I hope all of our friends & family had a great Easter!

4 comments:

Seat Family said...

So fun! I was too lazy to take my kids to our Easter Egg hunt in the rain, but ended up having to do my own. I should have just went in the rain. :-)

moriah said...

Your kids are so cute!! I love Easter! And I don't think there is anything wrong with spoiling your kids every once in a while.

The Stanworths said...

WOW yes.... lots of kids I can see why your little one went MIA... Your brother came out to Sand Mountain and camped with us it was great fun!!!

Jill said...

hmmm..I bet you were regretting leaving AZ while you were hunting for eggs (and your son)in the cold rain! :-) I'm glad he was ok..I HATE it when that happens!

Hey, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm sure it's a hard time for your family. My thoughts are with you guys.