Friday, June 20, 2008

More Kids In The Clouse House?

These pictures are from Shaylee's birthday a month ago. Since Caleb is now 5 & Shaylee is officially a "big girl" at 3, we have decided to move forward with the Foster Care Program. We met with Kimberly yesterday, and she did an interview with us to see if we are candidates. I told the kids to be on their best behavior, and no "booty dancing", which my kids do all the time. It's so embarassing, they look like they belong in a strip joint or something! Well, of course right when she got here, there they go!! They like to show off, which I understand, but the dancing has to stop:) So I'm sure that made a great first impression. But hopefully we will be starting the classes in August to get certified. I'm really excited to be doing this, it is something I have wanted to do for a long time. Everyone wish us luck with the entire process, I'm sure we'll need it!!!!!

The kids love sugar...I have no idea where they get that from?! A couple months ago I was wondering why their little bellies were getting so pudgy - I'm quite strict with junk & I feed them really healthy stuff. THEN, I found out they had been climbing up my pantry shelves & hiding chocolate in their rooms. Caleb's stash was under his dresser, & Shaylee's was everywhere throughout her room. Sneaky little things:) I must admit they did a super good job at hiding the evidence!

4 comments:

Seat Family said...

That is so neat that you are going to do foster care. I have a friend at work that does it and it always sounds like such a good thing. And so great to help a child that can use a good home for a while. Congrats! and Good Luck!!

Michelle said...

I didn't know you were going to do foster care! That is awesome - good luck and keep us posted! I LOVE that your kids hid your chocolate in their rooms. That is so funny!!

Jimi said...

I think that is so great! There should be more people like you in the world. You are a great example to the rest of us, who can't even handle our own children. :)

thepaddock said...

Hey Kyle and Family,

This is Ryan and Trisha Paddock from mission. Hope you don't mind us commenting. We found you on our mission website. Your family is beautiful and you have a beautiful wife. Its been a long time since we've seen you! Looks like life is wonderful for you. Our blog is www.trishasnews.blogspot.com. Keep in touch!!!

BTW-remember Brian Blanchard? He is in our ward!